International Scientific Board (ISB)
We are incredibly fortunate to have a diverse selection of some of the world’s best minds across the spectrum of fisheries science making up the International Scientific Board (ISB) for WRFC10: from interdisciplinary and integrated fisheries science, fish conservation and biology, sociology, social and economic science, marine and freshwater ecology, habitat restoration and rehabilitation, climate change, and everything in between.
The ISB is responsible for guiding the content of the WRFC 10, including the following:
- Developing and finalising conference session themes and subthemes (including special sessions) and workshops (input on activities)
- Assisting with the call for abstracts, reviewing abstracts and making recommendations on final abstract acceptance
- Identifying and organising keynote speakers and recommending plenary speakers
- Designing the conference program
- Preparing and coordinating special scientific journal publication of the presentations post-conference
Meet the ISB Members
Social scientist, Director of KAL Analysis and Non-Executive Director of Ozfish Unlimited
Associate Professor of Fisheries and Ecosystems Sciences and Head of Fisheries and Aquaculture Centre IMAS
Leading Fisheries Scientist for Aquatic and Technical Services at the Victorian Fisheries Authority in Australia
Local Organising Committee (LOC)
The key responsibility of the LOC would be to provide advice to the VFA regarding:
- Planning and coordinating the on-ground event logistics, activities, opportunities for attendees etc. including strong attraction for grassroots recreational fishers.
- Preparing delegate materials, marketing, keynote speaker requirements etc
- Discuss potential conference themes and speakers to be presented to the International Scientific Board to consider.
- Developing a prospectus and securing sponsorship for the Conference from fisheries agencies, tackle companies, industry and then deliver the value to investors.
- Developing and delivering appropriate, targeted and quality fisheries activities for the conference including guided fishing trip options, experiences and socials events.
Meet the Committee
Passionate Recreational Fisher and Leader in the Women in Recreational Fishing Network