Awards & Recognition
WRFC10 presenters are eligible for being nominated for a range of awards and prizes by presenting a talk, poster or special session at WRFC10. These awards will be announced at the Gala Dinner being held at the Melbourne Museum.
On this page you’ll find details of the awards, including categories, nomination process, timelines and criteria.
The following awards will be available for nominations:
- Best angler-led data collection project
- Best partnership or collaboration
- Best young scientist or ECR excellence award
- Best project promoting diverse and inclusive participation in recreational fishing
- Best communications and outreach program
- Best poster presentation
- Best project integrating first nations groups and traditional ecological knowledge
Award Nomination Process
Applications can be made for bursaries via the Awards Nomination Form below.
Submit your award nomination
Terms & Conditions for Awards
Please read and ensure you understand the following Award Nomination (the Program) Terms and Conditions (T&Cs):
- By submitting an award nomination, the nominator agrees to these award nomination T&Cs
- The Program is run by the Victorian Fisheries Authority of 1 Spring Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, ABN 60 297 360 647 (the VFA)
- Applications are submitted via the Award Nomination form by midnight AEST (Melbourne, Australia) 15 February 2023.
- To submit an award nomination, the nominator MUST:
- Know/ have worked with the nominee presenter or organisation
- Outline the nominees acheivements or work against the relevant award category
- Once you have submitted your award nomination online via the form, you will receive an email confirming that we have received your nomination.
- A panel will be formed to assess and determine the successful award recipients, and the panel’s decision will be final.
- The successful recipients of the awards will be announced at the WRFC10 Gala Dinner on Tuesday 21st February 2023.