Host World Recreational Fishing Conference (WRFC11) in 2026
Interested in hosting the 2026 World Recreational Fishing Conference?
Please submit your bid to Cameron.Westaway@vfa.vic.gov.au outlining:
- The global support for your bid including written letters of support from recreational fishing industry, scientific, government and tourism sectors,
- Why your destination is a recreational fishing hotspot and premier conference destination with a multitude of experiences available,
- Proposed conference theme and sub-themes,
- Conference logistics including safety, accessibility and a hybrid in-person as well as online event,
- Preliminary conference program, timeline, budget and publication outcomes,
- Affordable conference registration, with provision to encourage the involvement of early career individuals in recreational fishing,
- Proposed organising committee to comprise of local and international recreational fishing stakeholders, embracing diversity in gender and representation.
Bids are requested to be submitted by 31 January 2023 for consideration by the WRFC10 International Scientific Board. You may be requested to present your bid via an online meeting with the International Scientific Board. An announcement regarding the host of the 2026 World Recreational Fishing Conference will be made during the WRFC10 18-23 February 2023. For further information, please contact Cameron Westaway: Cameron.Westaway@vfa.vic.gov.au